Originally Posted by rth548
Good morning everyone. I have some sad news. I lost my son Clayton to a heroin overdose last Thursday. Please keep us in your prayers as we deal with his loss.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I went thru the same experience 4 years ago. My son was a heroin addict and had been in detox and rehab twice, and I thought he would make it after the 2nd time, but he didn't. I found it helpful to deal with the grief by talking with people who understood drug addiction – I saw a professional counselor a couple times, and also attended Nar-Anon meetings for maybe 2 years or so (if there is not a Nar-Anon group in your area, Al-Anon could also help). People at the NA meetings understand what it is like dealing with a family member who is an addict, and even though my son had passed, I still found it helpful to sort out my feelings by attending the meetings. In an odd sort of way, I did find some peace with the passing of my son, that his struggle was finally over. I will pray for you and your family, that you will find peace too.