I like hot, dry weather. I like feeling the sun's rays soaking into me. I like rarely feeling damp, because sweat evaporates instantly. I like not needing more than T-shirts and shorts, except on a handful of the coldest days of winter. I like hopping in the pool for a swim every day. That said, it doesn't necessarily need to be as extreme as it is here in Las Vegas.

I just moved from eastern Tenneessee a month ago, where it was super humid and damp all the time. It was also cold (for my tastes) most of the time, and too hot the rest of the time. There were only about two days in my year and a half in Tennessee when I thought the weather was actually pleasant. The humidity did indeed affect my joints negatively, but it did so much more than that. It was like living in a mold farm, and the mold didn't agree with me. I also didn't like constantly dealing with impending rust on everything I own.

That said, my wife is having a hard time dealing with the extreme heat and dryness. I guess it comes down to what you are used to and adapted for.

Last edited by Evolute; 08/08/21 03:27 PM.