As far a side by sides go there are a ton of choices. Width 50 inch so you can ride on trails, then they go up 60, 64, 68 and 72 inch widths, They have 3 main types. Work, work and play, and pure sport. And crossovers for all of them.

The Honda Pioneer is a solid UTV and will get you most places but it is mostly a field and dirt road workhorse with a bench seat, The Can Am Defenders are really nice as well and The Yamaha Viking is similar but with enough differences that they are both worth looking at. The Polaris 570 Rzr is a solid little trail machine.

Once you get into the work and play models I think Can Am and Polaris stand out above the rest.

Figuring out what you want it to do and how wide you want it to be is the hard part. Each has its bonuses and minuses. The narrow ones run trails like a champ but are more tippy and cramped. The wider you go the more stable and roomy but the more limited you are on trails.

The other thing you have to do is look ar what it takes in your State/county to be legal to ride on roads. Some places it's strictly forbidden outside of forest service roads and others are pretty friendly if you get turn signals a horn and DOT tires.

I have been an ATV guy for nearly 30 years. I picked up a Side by Side and my wife absolutely loves it. I have to admit I'm a pretty huge fan as well. I like the comfort and abilities the machine offers. I'll keep the ATV's for small trails and use the UTV for everything else.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................