Originally Posted by Private Klink
Ray, we share some similar interests. Since I was a young spud I have been interested in early American history, particularly the mountain men and early explorers. They survived by not only being able to hunt and gather their food but by also cooking it as well, with much learned from the American Indians. They were definitely a tough breed of people, men and women. It's interesting that Missouri, St. Louis in particular, became such an important part of our American history.

I found a few ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary War and some that fought on both sides in the Civil War. I was fortunate that my father had an interest in American history and he took our family to just about all the historical sites in New England and the original 13 colonies when I was growing up. I proposed to my girlfriend in front of the King's Arms Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg after having dinner (and several mint juleps) there. She shares my love of history and has been involved in re-enacting with me. She also developed a talent for genealogical research and has done much work on our family history.

JYD #182