Thank you guys. Made it back home about 1:30-2:00. Only one minor incident. Walked out of our hotel last night to get us something to eat. Now mind you I have worn an 18ct gold necklace with a medallion that has that snake twined around a stick (for my diabetes) that Patty bought me before we were even married (I’ve had it over 25 years now). And this guy saw it and commented on how nice it looked about 5 times in 5 minutes. I could tell he was a fan of gold because of his teeth. Well this made me nervous so I “ever so gently” pulled my Emerson Sheepdog out of my pocket (OK, so I did a dynamic removal) and when the blade snapped open as I drew it his eyes got real big with the white showing all around. Well I then used it to get some “ahem” dirt out from under my finger nails. wink. Of course I didn’t get all the dirt out the first time so I took it of my pocked the second time I just used the flipper to open it. He started walking away as I was returning it to my pocket. I’ll tell ya, I wasn’t anywhere near as calm as I was trying to act. Guess I did something right though as he left me AND my gold chain alone. Have I said I don’t like large cities (St. Louis) or crowds? I figure I just got lucky, but sometimes NOT acting like a victim will get you the luck you need.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 10/13/23 08:12 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105