Morning Yard!

It's finally cool enough to have no possible need for air conditioning. We use portable floor air conditioners. One bonus is they can also be used as a dehumidifier. Plus through the process if I don't run the vent, they heat the area up from the typical 57 degrees that it hovers around most of the year.

I moved two into our finished basement. I have been getting gallons of water a day out of there. Frankly I'm surprised by just how humid it really was/is down there. There are no apparent leaks. But cool and dark holds moisture well.

I plan on drying it out as much as possible and then hitting it periodically to keep up. My wife stores photos in her room downstairs and my safe and sporting goods are in another. I try to keep parts of my room at about 50% humidity. It's been a challenge this year.

I think it was super humid this spring and we had a glut of rain and flooding and a little water came into a room through intact concrete. Even though we dried the carpet and oad, I'm betting concrete retained that moisture and likely a little is holding in the drywall just from ambient humidity in the air. Hopefully I can get that out of there over the winter.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................