OK, the Specwar A model arrived Thursday, OD Green/black. NOT bad, ordered it Sunday Morning about 0400, it shipped Monday and got here as I said Thursday. FREE SHIPPING! Can't beat that.

OK. First up, the scales were REALLY aggressive. But by just handling it for the last hour the sharp points have already started to lessen a little. It's still pretty aggressive but not as sandpaper like as it was.

Holding the knife in a conventional grip it feels PERFECT to me, in either, as I said, the conventional grip or an inverted ice Pick grip. For me Ernie got it right.

This is of course one of the new ones put together after they found a box(s) of the blades somewhere. This one has the standoffs instead of a back spacer. I actually like this better. There are a total of 4 standoffs, three along the spine of the handles and one on the back end just below the lanyard hole.

The blade opens REALLY hard. It's brand new so it's tight. Tighter than my Combat Karambit and CQC7 was, but it will loosen up over time. Matter of fact it has loosened up some already. I'll put some oil on the pivot when I get home in the morning and play with it and it should be good to go. While I am on the subject of the blade, the only criticism I have is that I feel it should be another 1/8 inch wide (from Spine to edge). TO ME, considering the size of the handle, it would just look better with a slightly wider blade. The blade is well centered between the scales.

I have been "Playing" with it for an hour now and the thumb disc hasn't torn up my thumb (thumbs as I have practiced opening it with each hand) the way thumb studs do.

Do I like it, OH YEAH! This is one knife I would like to "Pimp" with the skull pivot and skull pocket clip. Will I, nope, just can't afford it but sure do wish I could.

As most of you here know I am a BIG fan of Ernie's Karambits, having both the fixed and my Beloved Combat. This Specwar A model is my second favorite folder ONLY behind the Combat Karambit. My next one, when I can afford it WILL be the Super Karambit. Now THAT will be a nice one.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 08/15/14 03:04 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105