Taking Horn Dog's lead... here are my EDC's in chronological order.

(I have a few other folders, but not many. I honestly try to buy knives that I intend to use, so with folders I buy a new knife to replace the current EDC.)

First off, when I turned 16 I took my birthday money and bought this Swiss Army "Mechanic". I loved MacGyver, so I had to have a genuine SAK. I carried it for a few years then just stopped for a while, can't remember why.

[Linked Image from i666.photobucket.com]

Right after I got married (over ten years ago) I wanted to start carrying everyday. I haven't gone a day without a knife since. My buddy was looking for a Christmas present for his pop, so we went to the local knife shop and fell in love with this guy... the CRKT "Mirage". We bought three.

I carried that for at least a year, loved that knife. I knew nothing about knives and was lucky to start my knife collecting with a Columbia River.

Well, of course as my interest in knives grew, I discovered other brands and models and when I first moved to Utah (almost ten years ago) I researched and researched and decided the Cold Steel "El Hombre" was the perfect knife for me. It totally was. I carried it for years, and never met anyone who had one... loved it!

I discovered Spyderco next, and even though I still loved my El Hombre I wanted to own at least one Spyderco. My in-laws got me this one for Christmas a couple years later. I think it's the "Endura".

I carried it in my left pocket as a backup for my Hombre for a few months... then stopped.

Not long after I read somewhere (probably in their catalog) that the Cold Steel employee folder of choice was the Large clip-point serrated "Voyager".

Long story short... I traded up. I carried that Voyager for years and beat the crap out of it.

I don't know why, maybe I just thought it was cool, but I wanted to have a good quality butterfly knife. So, for Christmas not long after my wife got me a Benchmade one. I don't know what the model is, but it's pretty basic. I learned to flip it around a little and carried it in addition to my Voyager in the case "canted" on my belt across my back.

After a few weeks I noticed my back would ache by the end of the day. I put the balisong in the knife box.

When I saw this guy in the catalog I thought, "Ok, I gotta carry that thing!" Cold Steel Ti Lite VI.

It tore holes in my pocket, so I stopped... and traded up for this:

Say what you want, but it takes a real man to EDC the "Vaquero Grande".

I carried it everywhere except for church. Then I carried the Benchmade auto my buddy gave me. It was my "Gentleman's Knife".

It wasn't long, maybe a year, before I felt that a six inch blade was a bit excessive. So when I saw Ken William's Hissatsu folder, I was sold.

Carried it for a couple of years.

And then, about 6 months ago I traded that up for the Spyderco "Tenacious". I haven't found a knife I wanted to trade that one up for yet... but maybe a ZT would be nice. I don't know. Not long after I got that I started spending all my "knife money" of SYKCO fixed blades! So the Tenacious will be fine for now. More then "fine", it's a great knife.

[img]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/newdogma/100_2617.jpg[/img]

Whew! Done.

JYD #90 A man carries a knife everyday... even to church.