After years of not buying another folder...it must be at least 10 years...as my SAK's and Walter Brend and Mick Lamprey were always enough for me...concern over carrying the Brend as an EDC when I was out walking due to our unduly repressive laws...whereby Lock Knives need a "good reason" and when out walking I am carrying a knife on the "what if I need it" basis...I decided to get a Spyderco UK Penknife which being a slip joint under 3 inches is allowed without needing to give any "reason". Here it is...

[Linked Image from i343.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i343.photobucket.com]

I love the knife...it comes sharp as a razor and the S30V steel looks a good choice...the lock up is tight when the blade is open and it is very comfortable "in hand"...the spine is nice and "right angle regular" and makes a great strike area for a ferro rod...I carry a blaze orange ferro rod and striker ( just incase I had'nt the knife ) and whistle and small Silva marching compass as part of a simple pocketable set of kit.... incase the weather turns and I need to walk on a bearing...or need to make a fire...or need a knife...

All told I am very happy with the UKPK and the Orange colour helps if it is dropped and I need to find it...and I am no longer concerned over "legal good reasons"...

JYD #75