So, I went to the local army surplus to check out some knives. I've been resisting the urge to buy a Bussekin from the BFE or elsewhere, and figured if I could play with some knives I might be able to resist doing so.

Low and behold, they got a real nice selection of Muelas, SOGs, Kershaws,CRKTs, Spydercos and Byrds since I was last in.

So, I'm playing with them and decide I'm gonna pick one up. So I start checking the prices and I see the price on one of the Byrd knives and think, "That's gotta be wrong." So I ask the guy on the counter, and he says Nope, they were having problems selling it at the regular price, so they knocked it down to clear it out.

I ask him how many he's got, and he tells me it's the last one. So, I pull out my wallet to pay for it, and the total he gives me seems low. I ask, and he says that military get a 15% discount, on top of the reduced sale price! AWESOME!

Then, he even pulls out their Spyderco Edgemaker and procedes to spend a few minutes giving it a nice edge, just in case it got dulled a little since it was their display model. I love this guy, talk about leaving me feeling great after a crappy day at work.

So, here's my new folder, which will hopefully help me resist the urge to buy any other knives until Dans' next SYK release is announced.
[Linked Image from i321.photobucket.com]

The price in the last pic is in Candadian funds, so that's even less for you guys down south of the border.

Sure, it's not a new SYK, Bark River, or whatever, but the weight and construction feel good. The regular price was $49.99, so they sold it to me for less than half the original price. Doesn't hurt my budget saving for an SYK knife, and I got a new "playtoy"!

JYD#70 Warning! There are more than just dogs in this yard!