I have been contemplating a XM18 I just am having a hard time justifying that much money. I can order it direct but that is still a huge chunk of change for a knife. I think what is holding me back is the fear that I might lose a folder. It has been years since I have lost one, but I can see it getting left in a recliner at work and never to be seen again.

They justify their MSRP all day long. Secondary pricing can get nuts...that's a sign of how desireable these knives are.

To be honest, I debate letting you guys know how awesome these knives are because the supply is so limited that I'm hurting my chances of getting another.

But for the good of the group, I give high praise to knives so robust and reliable that they are my EDCs, without question or hesitation.

Losing knives sucks, losing most anything you really like...sucks. I can remember every knife I've ever lost or had stolen from me. Miss them all. It would be a true bummer to lose an XM, I've misplaced mine once.

But, pocket clips are grippy without causing excessive damage to clothing, and the knives have nice weight. Their not heavy, but with a 3.5 or the 24, you know they are there.

JYD #145