I have a Stainless crossbill and am really impressed with it's fit and finish.
49$ is way overpriced for a Byrd but 22$ is an awesome deal. I think my Byrd was 32$ retail. When the stainless gets all scratched up it is easy to polish it back to a ice satin finish with some sandpaper. It is also nice and slim and conceals well although it is rather heavy.
The 8Cr13MoV steel is quite close to ATS-34 and hold a decent edge and seems pretty tough. My Crossbill has a bit of play but I have used it really hard ovr the last year. It would totally fail the flick test though as it can be whipped open with a tiny flick of the wrist.

I actually got 4 new Spydercos this month ,2 of which came yesterday.
I got a Caly3 with beautiful carbonFibre scales and a laminated ZDP blade and a Streetbeat which is a really nice Fred Perrin design made of VG-10 and micarta.
The ones that came yesterday are the really cool ones though are the 2 Tuffram coated aluminium handled old school Spydies I got from super fellow Dog Rooikat.
[Linked Image from i529.photobucket.com]

They look the same colour in the photo but the small one is called the Worker and it is much darker in real life. The big one is one of my favourite designs
the Police and it is so much lighter than my Stainless version of the same nice it is shocking. The Worker makes a great partner for my Caly3 because they are the same size ,they are both very light and one id serrated and one is PE.

Both Tuffram knives are GIN-1 although the police is marked G2.

I think i should take a Spyderco collection photo now.

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner