If I had a Wave, I wouldn't use that spine as a PPCT focus point, I'd be seriously worried about the blade closing on my hand, or worse, I might accidentally cut the other person. That blade is specifically made for slashing defensive attacks.

Here's my Hibben
[Linked Image from i22.photobucket.com]

Sorry for the junk pic, took this one with my cell phone.

The two protuberances on the end next to the finger ring are intended for use as pressure point devices. They're opposite the blade, to prevent cutting the person you're trying to control, and one angles forward from my index finger for putting pressure at any angle. This blade is also double edged, allowing both fore and backhand swings. You can use a karambit in a blade forward (thumb side) grip, but for me that's more utilitarian, I don't like the way it feels. Defensively, they're primarily intended to be drawn like a pistol, with the blade trailing, and drawn across the body in a slashing motion. They damage they are capable of is tremendous, and you can imagine how difficult it is to disarm someone of a Karambit.

I had a SGT laugh at this blade once, until I demonstrated (without hurting) to him in a training environment just how fast I could do fatal damage to the major arteries in his body in one fluid motion. IMO, a Karambit is an unparalleled defensive weapon.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118