Bierocks (makes 16 huge-size or 32 regular-size)

Filling:
1 lb hamburger
1 or 2 onions, minced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp celery salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp beef better than bouillon, optional
1 head cabbage, thinly sliced
shredded cheddar, optional

Dough:
4 1/3 c. flour
2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
1 c. milk
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter
1 tsp salt
2 eggs

Note: I don't really measure (except for the dough - you've got to measure that), so I probably use more seasonings than listed. Just

taste the filling after it's cooked & decide for yourself.

In super large skillet or pot, sprinkle hamburger with seasonings, and mix them in. Add onion, garlic & beef better than bouillon and brown slowly over med-low heat until done. Mix in the shredded cabbage, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is translucent, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Meanwhile, heat milk, sugar, butter and salt in small saucepan just until warm (110 or so degrees). Put all dough ingredients into bread machine on dough cycle. (Alternately, knead dough by hand or with mixer and dough hook.) When kneading stops, transfer dough to bowl oiled with olive oil, turning to coat. Let rise until doubled, about an hour.

When dough is risen and filling is done, plop dough onto cutting board or silicone mat and cut into 16 (or 32) wedges (like a pizza - i even use a pizza cutter).

Divide filling in pan into fourths - leave the filling in the skillet & draw a line through the middle with your wooden spoon, pushing half the filling to one side; half to the other. Then draw another line to separate the filling into fourths. Each fourth will fill 4 (or 8) dough wedges.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.

To fill, use fingers to flatten a dough wedge into a thin circle on mat/cutting board or in your palm. Spoon a 1/16th (or 1/32nd) portion of filling into middle of dough circle (just eye-ball those fourths you divided & scoop out four (or eight) bierocks-worth of filling from each fourth of the skillet), add a bit of cheese if you like; bring outside edges up into center and pinch to seal. Place bierock seam side down onto cookie sheet.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let bierocks rise for up to an hour. (They're fine if they don't rise at all.) Bake at 375 for 30 min or so, until golden brown.

Even if I'm planning to freeze them, I still bake them first. When you want one, just microwave it or pop it into a hot oven to heat.

Note: you can make these with other fillings: chicken, broccoli & cheddar; ham, spinach & swiss; taco meat, black beans & monterey jack; corned beef, sauerkraut & swiss, pizza toppings and mozzarella . . . anything you could think of would probably work.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105