Now for another favorite, SHANGHI LUMPIA

THE INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 lb ground pork
1 finely grated carrot, 1 whole(small) chopped onion, garlic powder or garlic salt, and regular salt (if you want more) and pepper to taste. And soy sauce. You can add to the mixture or just use it as a dipping sauce when eating, our preferred method.
50 lumpia wrappers (these are paper thin wrappers kinda like wanton or egg roll wrappers). You can use wanton or eggroll wrappers but it really changes the taste.

THE PREP: I like to mix everything together raw and cook it as a complete roll, which seems to be easier to me, but you can brown the pork and beef before adding the other ingredients if you want.
Lay out 1 wrapper and place about 2 tblsp of the filling (you want the finished roll about as big around as you thumb) about 2 inches from the nearest edge, from side to side (like you were making your own cigarette. Then roll it into a tight log shape and when you're about an inch from the other end, wet the end of the wrapper with water and complete the wrap. This will keep it from unrolling. (be sure and let it set for about 5-10 minutes before you cook them.

Put them into a deep fryer at 350 degrees, or in a pan with enough oil to cover about half way up. If using a pan,when browned turn over and cook the other side. ** It only takes a couple minutes per side to cook.

It may sound complicated, but as I said spread out the filling on the wrapper like you were going to roll your own cigarette and you've got it made.

I also like to use celery LEAVES only (don't like celery) but the leaves give it a nice additional flavor. You could also use celery salt.

Once you understand what you are doing, you can of course, experiement with what you put into it. We ususlly cut each wrapper in half when done and they don't last long!.

You can also make them up, freeze them un-cooked and just cook what you want straight from the freezer.
MMMMMMM lumpia.thanks for the recipe Skunk.

SYKCO JYD#112
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it.