SUPER EASY Smokehouse Maple chicken thighs (THE BEST CHICKEN I HAVE MADE YET)

1 Pkg chicken thighs WITH SKIN ON (Skin can be removed AFTER chicken is cooked)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 shaker McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning (Spice aisle in grocery stores)
A grill PREFERABLY charcoal
2-3 nice hickory chunks (you'll know them when you find them HAHAHA)

In a small bowl combine mayo with 2-3 TBSP of SM seasoning and mix real well till both ingredients are blended.

Take your chicken thighs and remove the EXTRA flap of loose skin from the thigh, leaving the main skin to cover the whole piece of chicken.

Use your fingers to slather the mayo/seasoning mixture evenly all over the chicken thigh top, bottom and UNDER the skin (lifting the skin from the long flat side is easiest to get under the skin. Make sure you get in all the cracks and crevices.

After coating all of the thighs with mayo mixture, lift the skin up and shake extra seasoning all over the top of the thigh and lay the skin back down so it covers the entire thigh. Now lay all of your thighs SKIN SIDE DOWN and shake the seasoning generously all over the bottom of the thighs directly on the meat.

I do not coat the skin with extra seasoning as I nor my family eat the skin and because I put seasoning on the bottom of the thigh also it really doesn't do anything but waste the seasoning. NOW if YOU eat the skin by all means coat that chicken skin up.

If your charcoal chimney is ready pour your charcoal to 1 side of the grill. You WILL be using the offset heat cooking method. Place all of your charcoal to 1 side, throw your hickory chunks right on the hot coals. Give a minute to start smoking/flaming. Now put your cooking grate on the grill and lay the chicken thighs SKIN SIDE UP on the opposite side of the coals and cook at 225-235 for around 1 1/2 hours. Adjust the vents on your grill to keep a nice consistent temp

When the chicken is done I PERSONALLY remove the skin before eating, I just leave it there to help baste the meat and keep the chicken moist while cooking. If you like eating the skin, take the skin off as you are pulling the cooked thighs from the grill and throw them over the coals it will crisp them right up.

I hope yall love this recipe, my whole family does. Its cheap, easy and my kids eat it up till its GONE. I find that cheesy Au Graten potatoes go awesome with this chicken and once I perfect my tater recipe I will post that also.

I AM the Southernfryedyankee!