Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
Anyone willing to try this? Just sounds to simple.

How to cook corn perfectly, without having to peel all the husks and silky strings off! Slides right out of the husk!

1. Remove a few of the outer husks that might be dirty.
2. Cut the bottoms off of the corn. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. It would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.
3. Place a moist paper towel on the bottom of the microwave or on top of the carousel and place the corn on the paper towel.
4. Use this guide for your cook time. Remember the cooking time can vary for each microwave.
1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes
5. After cooking, let the corn sit about 3 minutes. It will continue to cook and will be cooler and easier to handle.
6. Pick the cooked corn up by the top (you might want to use an oven mitt if it is too hot to handle) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should just slide out leaving the silk and all of the husks intact.

I tried this last night. I used the SOD to cut the cob and I put the corn on a plate and forgot to put down the paper towel.
This method worked perfectly and all the silk was removed with the husk. And I mean all! Also forgot the oven mitt too. I doubt I will forget the next time. I like this and will use this method again. Thanks!

JYD #182