Here's one of our favorites, and it's pretty easy.

VICHYSSOISE (VISHY SWAS) Potato soup.

The last time my wife used about 8 pounds of potatoes so it was a BIG pot. We just doubled up on chicken broth, onion and bacon, (I used about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds), and I would have used the full 2 pound block of cheese, but she nixed that idea.

3 cups peeled and diced potatoes, 1 pound of diced velveeta cheese
2 cans chicken broth, 2 cups milk, 1/2 medium chopped onion
8 strips of crisp fried bacon (drained), 1/2cup flour, 4tsp butter, and just salt and pepper to taste.

Cook the potatoes in the chicken broth (use no water) with the onion, salt and pepper. *** Don't over cook the potatoes.
Mix the flour with 1/2 cup of milk to make a slurry and add that and the other cup and a half of milk to the potatoes so the soup thickens.

Add the margarine and the cheese and continue cooking until they are completely melted.

Add the bacon and stir to thoroughly mix together. You can reserve some of the bacon for a garnish when put into bowls if you want. We don't

You might want to add some more potatoes (as I said my wife cut up about 8 pounds) just be sure to thoroughly drain them before adding to the mix. If you need to thin it down when re-heating, again, use chicken broth DO NOT USE ANY WATER IN THIS RECIPE

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 10/17/14 11:20 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105