I tossed it around for a while now and I'm pretty sure that 7.62x39 is my "go to" rifle round.

I admit I really wanted to be a .308 semi auto guy but I think in my hands a something like a decked out SCAR17 will in the end just be a $4K deer rifle slash range toy. And that's pretty much the role I have decided my M1A will play in my collection. I plan to scope it with a 3-9x40 and shoot it primarily with hunting in mind. At some point I think I will put a walnut stock and I'm thinking a SWFA fixed power scope will do nicely on it. Other than that I will probably never invest in multiple thousands of rounds of ammo. I may not even take my other 20 round makes out of the wrappers.

Now the Arsenal AKs I have are a different story. I will probably shoot the snot of those rifles. I can see investing a little money into these rifles ans setting them up for most things I could want a rifle for. I'm thinking a Hi-Lux CMR on a MI mount is going on my 101 in the near future. And I'm thinking I may put some kind of tactically rail system on my 107 and eventually mount a decent red dot sight on it. I also have my CZ527 in 7.62x39 and I'm about to go pick up the scope I have been wanting for this rifle from the PO right now. So I'm well on my way to being a x39 guy. I was eyeballing a Vepr with a 23" barrel the other day and the cheap VZ2008 rifles look like good trunk/truck rifles. Plus I can actually afford the cost of a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x39 ammo. That along with picking up a box here or there when I see it will keep me shooting well after the prices get crazy or the shelves go bare from another panic buying spree.

I hope to get a CZ550 in .308 at some point but I may just be done with .308 and go for the UHR instead.

JYD #82 yup...