Ive been reading that H&R (Remington) will be discontinuing the manufacturing of Handi Rifle and Pardner single shot rifles and shotguns.

I picked up a couple rifles and a old shotgun over the last couple years along with a .270 barrel as they were an inexpensive way to hunt a few extra weeks as our primitive weapons hunting seasons allowed for them in caliber that are .35 and up. The hunting laws have changed so they are not required on private land any more. But I was still onboard as the single shot rifles still seemed to be a good option for new hunters/shooters who my not have any or very little experience or training with firearms. So while they aren't the lastest greatest fancy polymer trend I felt they were pretty good tools and every year they seemed to me to sell off the shelves right around hunting season. I did noticed that the price range fell right on top of the newer "budget" bolt rifles like the Ruger American and similar rifles but I would've figured the build quality yet simplicity of the Handi Rifle would have kelt it as a viable tool that survived and thrived in a category of its own. I guess it comes down to dollar signs though.

When I purchased my first Handi Rifle I was pretty happy to have a solid American product in my collection. I actually was looking forward to finding several other calibers in the line which would have allowed me fairly inexpensive alternatives for shooting calibers I already have.

Oh well...

JYD #82 yup...