So, informal poll: any one ever use a bumpfire or slidefire stock (fess up, you know you did). Aside from the thrill of throwing 10-30 rounds downrange faster than you can say Mississippi, is there any real life application outside of fun?

My thinking is/was using as a bug out gun with a Strikefire on top. Since I cannot run fast, in an emergency evacuation, I was thinking I could at least lay down suppressive fire to allow others to run a little further...assuming I can work it right. It is DANG hard to keep just the right force on the verticle grip to keep it rattling along.

Since it does not need to be run fulltilt it could also be used for hunting or more conventional firefight situations (assuming there are more conventional fights).

Alternatively, we used it at the family reunion and had fun with it. Now I could just move it along--either the stock, the lower, or the whole rifle setup. Not sure my oldest would ever forgive me though...

Last edited by DogTired; 08/03/15 12:31 AM.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington