Originally Posted by Architect
Originally Posted by DogTired
My experience with the 44mag is its a slow death. Shot one with my lever at 20 yards perfect heart/lung. Still ran 300-400 yards. Not much blood trail either...

I work with a guy that killed a nice 10pt this past season with his Marlin 44Mag lever action. He said it stumbled about 4 feet and fell over dead. He texted pictures from the kill site.

That's the gun I used. Maybe he had magic bullets. I even saw the hole in the critter as it wheeled around and ran. Found it with its lumgs both shot through and either the heart was clipped or it took off the top.

I think it just didn't have much energy transfer for whatever weird reason. Winchester semi jackrted hunting rounds... Just left me leery of using it as my go to gun...

Might make a GREAT vehicle gun. 10 rounds of non-threatenin', non-tactical, non- "assault rifle" fun. Just o!d fashioned butt whuppin', layin' the smackdown on any gang that messes with a crippled old man, his younguns, and his purty lady! KABLAMMO!!!!

Get off my lawn you kids!!!!

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington