Wondering what you fellas think of the New Versamax by Remington?

I haven't ever purchased a shotgun because I didn't want a pump gun, and after initially settling on a Saiga, decided against it due to reliability issues with cheap target loads. Then I bounced around for a while, Benelli, Mossberg, Remingtons other semi autos, and even eyeballed some Berettas. Didn't want to spend $2K on a M4 Super 90 to have to blow another 200$ on a decent mag tube, didn't like the tang safety on a pistol grip configuration for the Mossberg, reliability issues with underpowered loads on the older Remingtons, and on and on and on...

then I saw this... http://www.recoilweb.com/remington-versa-max-3-gun-competition-shotgun-35761.html

anybody have any experience with these yet? I'd love to know what an ungreased palm's experience with the shotgun is.

There is a standard Tactical at the Ft. Carson PX right now. it's sat there for a year, and if I hear enough good things, I might snap it up.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118