Originally Posted by RN
Originally Posted by Architect
VEPRs have a following. I have no personal experience with them.

Rich, are Mini-30s legal in CT? They're available in stainless and take detachable mags. You aren't going to win an accuracy contest, but the new hammer forged barrel version is miles ahead of the Mini of old.

I think the Ruger is legal- I know the .223 version is. I have the idea the Saiga will choke down cheap ammo well and the Ruger won't- am I correct?

I've only owned one Mini-30, and it was for a short time period. It came with aftermarket magazines, and they didn't function. As a result, I wasn't able to determine if the rifle was reliable.

I've read a lot of remarks about both the 14 and 30 being unreliable with cheap steel case ammo. I can neither confirm or deny these reports. I have an unfired Mini-14 Tactical that I was going to sell. I might run a few hundred rounds of Wolf through it as a test.

Saigas use to employ a proprietary magazine that didn't look as durable / reliable as standard AK mags.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.