Mastiff,
This is good another example of area of interest. Precision shooters and IDPA shooters value ... precision ... and speed more than anything else.

I gave up interest in precision shooting several years ago, because it wasn't "turning my crank". I have a friend that just picked up a WOA upper yesterday, because he likes all of the work that goes into precision shooting. I was talking to another friend, yesterday, that is going to buy a new skeet barrel this weekend. He's into skeet, trap, and sporting clays.

Lazy,
I understood what you were saying, and didn't think I had (overly) offended. My perspectives are based upon 30 years of INTENSE ownership and shooting, and my needs are different than everyone else's. Most people don't have the number of rounds down range or number of formerly owned guns that I do. For example, when you've owned DOZENS of AR15s you form strong opinions. Again, this isn't meant to cast judgement or being disparaging toward anyone's opinion / choice / whatever. Its an opportunity to learn from someone who's already spent copious amounts of time and money finding out what you will likely figure out if you're as committed as me....without having to spend the time and money.

The shooting sports are nice because you have so many facets to invest your time and dollars into.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.