No worries Greaser.

I stopped reloading years ago when ammo prices dropped. I was buying brass case 9mm for $110 a case (1000) delivered, and 5.56x45 surplus for $129 a case (820). It actually cost more to reload so I sold my set up and bought ammo.

That ammo was shot years ago and now I can't even find 9mm locally.

If I could go back 10 years ago I'd buy every 550rd box of Federal Bulk Pack 22LR that Walmart's within a 1 hour drive received every week, because I was paying $8.96 per 550rds (plus tax). That same box is now $39.99 at our local Walmart and I rarely see them on the shelves.

I've been selling off my excess collection to buy ammo for training. The anti-gunners beat us by using the same method I've long suggested we use against them: starvation. They're starving us thru artificially inflated ammo prices resulting from their multi BILLION round orders. (I've often said a pandemic tax revolt would be the only real way to have reform: it would starve the government resulting in angry mobs when entitlements were no delivered and ultimately would force the FR to print more fiat currency. The ultimate result would be hyper inflation followed by economic collapse followed by a return to the truly private gold standard).

I feel your pain, brother. Nothing makes me sicker than selling a Colt AR for less than I paid just to turn around and buy ammo that is 250% higher than it was three years ago.

I even bought a BB gun as an attempt to stay proficient without bankrupting us!

Last edited by Architect; 08/02/14 08:09 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.