Well, I'll NEVER make it to nationals with THAT attitude, Randy grin Yeah, I might notice a difference between 1.5" and 0.25". At least I'd hope I would grin Worse still is of I choose poorly, and it shoots 3-5MOA...

Just saying, if there are 3 options that all cost roughly the same, and all have the POTENTIAL to shoot better than me, I'd rather not pay an extra $85 to screw up the one's potential because I chose the wrong (from a physics perspective) fluting option. grin

I'm pretty cheap too Randy. I've never spent this much on a barrel. Makes me all the more nervous about messing it up somehow... Though you'd HOPE a custom barrel maker wouldn't offer an option that might would do that.

I guess if I'm paying an extra_____, I want it to be because there's more benefit than looks (in this case, the rigidity of a thicker barrel with the weight of a thinner profile). I would hate to spend it solely on vanity. Worse yet, I'd hate to pay for something that makes the barrel even worse frown

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington