I watched the Arsenal SGL-21 go from $600 to $900 while trying to decide on which AK to buy. I'm not totally sure they are worth the investment after learning the way they handle the warranty I'm not in a hurry to buy another. Apparently you can buy a new gun and the warranty will already have expired.

https://youtu.be/zk65H4r16gs

But so far I'm happy with my SLR-101. You don't find too many people who will knock them on quality. I was also never able to find anythhing that sold me on a better AK for my money. I'd pay the going rate for a lifetime warranty or 5 year even. But if I knew it was a 1 year (maybe) warranty I'd have let them keep it.

Architect is right though. This is not the best time to be in the market for one. You are looking at $600-$700 for the exact same guns were $400-$500 five or six years ago. Instead of getting a SLR-107 like I had planned I think I'm going to get a AR15 in x39. That way I can kill two pmbirds with one stone. I can scratch my itch for a AR15 and get a rifle that's lighter than my 101. It'll me right around $500 for the AR with lifetime warranty and $1K+ for the 107 that ships out on the clock. With x39 ammo being fairly low that $500 will go a long way.

JYD #82 yup...