Our "Special Forces" adoption of the Glock 19 just further fueled some of the BS I've read online about Glock's superiority to other designs.

I've had more problems from Glocks than ALL OTHER DESIGNS COMBINED. Granted, my round count between Glock adn all others is just a little in favor of "others". Having said that, I fire at least 10,000 rounds a year through handguns and Glocks DO FAIL.

Personally, any gun that has a known issue like "brass to face" or "brass to head" but isn't address by the manufacturer tells me to look elsewhere. A Beretta 92 Compact is about the same size and price as a Glock 19. I bought my first Beretta 92 back around 1992. In the 28 years between that gun and today I've owned quite a few Beretta 92 series guns and have fired A LOT (I mean A LOT) of rounds through them.

Total number of malfucntions I've had from dozens of Beretta 92 = 0
Total number of malfunctions I've had from dozens of Glocks = COUNTLESS. I've had G19s that actually flip the brass backwards in the ejection port.
Total number of malfunctions I've had from dozens of Sig Sauer P Series Classics (220, 225, 226, 228, 229) = 0 ... if you discount the 3 digit serial number P229 I bought the year they released the 40SW guns. That gun was a total mess. Outside of that gun ... 0.

Lots of people have good luck with Glocks and I'm happy for them. I can't shoot them well, and have had pretty awful reliablity. I've even heard Mrgunsandgear (Mike) say he thinks M&Ps are more reliable but the Glock is probably more durable. A local store has M&P with 3 mags and night sights ... $329 Dealer New. Same thing in a Glock 19 will be closer to $600 (night sights).

Glocks are overpriced and overhyped.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.