Lazi,
I wasn't passing judgement on people who KNOWINGLY buy L3 guns and gear. I was passing judgement on those who argue it's "just as good as" L4 and L5 guns and gear.

If you're a. L1 guy and that works for you - awesome - more money for something else you're more interested in.

I drive a BASE model vehicle. If they made a lower level model I'd buy it. I wear clothes from WalMart and the clearance rack at other Dept Stores. We don't have cable TV, go on vacations, go out to eat or see movies. We chose to spend on other stuff. To me, I'd rather have one top quality rifle than three lower quality rifles and three weekends of "going out". That's my life view.

YMMV (your mileage may vary) fits here.

There is a reason there have been countless Marlin 60 rifles sold. Most people don't want to spend $1000 on a Volquartsen (myself included). However, if I saw a need for a super accurate semi auto 22LR I might consider one. This isn't because I'm wealthy or flashy or a brand snob. I'm far from all of these things. It would be a result of me prioritizing my life long hobby above something else.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.