Originally Posted by gun dog
I’ve seen a lot of pistols go down. From all brands. Think a lot of people don’t realize how important proper lubricant is and doing schedules maintenance and part replacement. While I shoot glock as my main carry gun and one of my competition pistols I think there are other good options out there.

I've shot 10s upon 10s of thousands of rounds through all sorts of guns. Some need more maintenance than others. Some are just bad designs. Some have really poor quality materials. Some have terrible QC.

I can't tell you how many AR15s I've "fixed" for someone ... by putting a little Royal Purple on their bone dry BCG.

Glocks are very popular because I think the majority of them work. Having said that, they've developed an undeserved fanboy following. They're cheaply made, poorly engineered (this is coming from someone with degrees in architecture and engineering .. who is licensed to practice both), and utilize low quality materials (MIM, stamped steel, poor coatings, etc).

Gaston Glock is brilliant ... as a self-promoter and in marketing. He actually convinced the shooting public that the Gen 5 "Marksman Barrel" (which is cheaper to make because of its rifling type) is superior to the longer wearing and equally accurate (we're talking about Glocks ... with so much frame to slide slope you can see some of the recoil spring through the gap on some guns) to the earlier Polygonal rifled barrels. Marketing genius.

Oh, and front cocking serrations and more MIM doesn't qualify for a "new model".

Just added it up ... I've owned 57 Glocks over the past 25+ years in 9MM, 40SW, 45 ACP, 45 GAP, 10MM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.