Originally Posted by Spider-Pig
I echo exactly what Rich just posted.

Rich, have you handled a CZ97? I remember you mentioned something about them a while back.

I like both 1911's and CZ97's, but I don't see myself getting either. It would really just be something that I would leisurely shoot at the range. I suppose I could use it as a house gun, but my Glock 21 already fills that role. No doubt they both shoot better than the Glock, but I just love my 21.

I find myself in the market for a carry piece. It has to be a single stack, semi auto, .45 ACP, small enough to easily conceal, and have no manual safties. I have it narrowed to the Glock 36 and Kahr CW45. The Kahr is smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the Glock. I'm really tempted by the Kahr, but brand loyalty and proven reliability pull me toward the Glock. Anyone have anything to offer here?

No, haven't seen the 97- had some time w/out the kids this week and didn't make it to a lgs to see if they had one...they have a bunch on CZ and Dan Wessons usually. I tend to keep bouncing around with what I want. Last week I was thinking how I like CZs and I bet I would like the 97 and would be uber reliable. Then I see some videos on 1911s and start lusting after them! Lol!

I have many wants...my needs are probably "Practice more with my CZ 9mm and get some decent training!"

After I posted about how few rounds I put through my 9 every week I thought "$1000 would buy a lot of practice time at the range!"

JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."