Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
I have a (Generation ONE I guess) Glock 17. It belonged to a deceased police officer I worked with WAY back in 74-76. I knocked off the rear plastic sight and I NEED to replace it. I am thinking about going with express sights, Shallow V rear and Round dot front. That is my Favorite type sight. I have trouble lining up conventional sights. The elevation is fine, but the windage throws me off all the time.

Usually people have trouble with "nose up" elevation in Glocks due to their grip angle.

Replace the front and rear with a metal set of your choice. The rear can be drifted into place with a BRASS punch (put a little lithium grease in the channel to ease movement) and the front will screw on with a TINY screw inside the slide. You'll need to buy a special driver if you don't have one that'll fit. The head of the fastener is FLAT and SMALL. Add the best loctite you can afford!

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.