One of the city officers was going off duty tonight and as he called in we got to talking about guns. Well one thing lead to another and I told him that IF you were talking about a survival gun only(handgun) and having to defend yourself from people was not a consideration thatI have ONE gun that would best fit the bill. That gun would be my Ruger Single six .357 with the extra 9mm cylinder.

Now bear with me here.
1. SURVIVAL only, people (bad guys) are NOT a worry.
2. Long enough barrel to get some good speed out of the ammo.
3. A gun built to survive about anything, it's STRONG!
4. VERY versatile. You have .357 mag and 38Spl capability out of the same cylinder. PLUS it has the additional 9mm cylinder. SO you actually have the capability to fire three different "Calibers" through the same weapon by doing nothing more than swapping out cylinders. Now IF you were to couple that with a good lever action you would still be able to fire two different rounds, only forfeiting the ability to use 9mm through the rifle.

Now some of you will argue that the 22rimfire would be as good if not better choice. I also could argue this point of view, BUT I feel even though a 22 can kill a deer you would be better served and have more chances of "Finding" ammo for the three calibers listed above as your choices are more varied just broaden the base you can draw from.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 04/07/16 06:54 AM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105