Originally Posted by greaser
Good info between the brand fighting here. Lolhttp://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=282723

That link made me laugh, because it references the early non-MIM Sig 1911s. I had one of those - it went back to Sig no less than seven times.

I forgot to add S&W to the list of 1911s I've had. I've owned three of their guns.

Right or wrong I separate gun owners into five categories:

LEVEL ONE = people who own a gun. It doesn't matter why they have it - it doesn't how they acquired it. They have a gun but that's the extent of it.

LEVEL TWO = commoners. These are the people that bought a gun because they thought they needed one (for hunting, self defense, whatever). They use whatever they bought and are satisfied.

LEVEL THREE = hobbyist. This is lowest level of "gun personhood". These are the people are truly interested in guns, talk about them, own and use them. They are also satisfied with "good enough". This means their Rock River AR15 is "good enough" and the extra attention, quality control, and manufacturing processes and materials of a Colt AR15 are just hype - just a marketing tool to rob dumb people of extra money.

LEVEL FOUR = semi-pros. This is where people who actually push their gear end up. These aren't the "it looks like the real thing so it has to be good enough" crowd. They've seen LEVEL THREE people's gear fail - repeatedly.

LEVEL FIVE = pros. This is the elite group of users, builders, etc that are at the apex of the gun culture.

I place myself at LEVEL FOUR.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.