Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
I am gonna have to do some adjusting to my "Normal" cheek weld and figure out how come the front sight looks "Bent" when I am sighting through the peep rear. It's NOT bent, just the way my glasses/eye is perceiving it.

I'm trying to locate the article I remember reading that explained why photons do weird things like that (I think the overall concept was on why the lunar eclipse appears to kiss it's shadow just before the complete eclipse begins or something like that). Anyway, possible reasons why may be astigmatism and the fact that you're focusing through a tiiiiny aperture. I noticed I had the same issue with the FS2000 rear sight, and that aperture was so small I could barely see the front post. My M14 I don't have that issue with, and same goes for my issue M4, so perhaps having a smithy drill out the aperture for a slightly larger one may resolve your issue. I'll do more research and see if I can find out why exactly that actually happens smile

*edit* seems you figured out how to resolve it yourself, lol. Still, might be cool to know why that actually happens, will keep looking wink

Last edited by El CacaFuego; 04/04/15 07:59 PM.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118